- Teman, Elly. 2010. "My Bun, Her Oven," Anthropology Now,
- Teman, Elly. 2010. "A Global Perspective on Surrogacy", Symposium on
Susan Markens' Surrogate Motherhood and the Politics of Reproduction, Social
Forces, 25 (4).
- Teman, Elly. 2010. "The Last Outpost of the Nuclear Family: A Cultural
Critique of Israeli Surrogacy Policy," forthcoming in: Birenbaum-Carmeli,
Daphna and Yoram Carmeli (eds.), Kin, Gene, Community: Reproductive
Technology among Jewish Israelis, Oxford: Berghahn Books.
- Teman, Elly. 2009. "Embodying Surrogate Motherhood: Pregnancy as a Dyadic
Body Project," Body & Society 15 (3): 47-57
- Teman, Elly. 2008. Review of the book, "Surrogate Motherhood: The Politics of
Reproduction", American Ethnologist (4): 4099-4103.
- Teman, Elly. 2008. "The Social Construction of Surrogacy Research: An
Anthropological Critique of the Psychosocial Scholarship on Surrogate
Motherhood", Social Science & Medicine 67: 1104-1112.
- Teman, Elly. 2006. "Bonding with the Field: On Researching Surrogate
Motherhood Arrangements in Israel" in: Gardner, Andrew M. and Hoffman, David
M. (eds.), Dispatches From the Field: Neophite Ethnographers in a Changing
World, Long Grove, Illinois: Waveland Press.
- Teman, Elly. 2006. Review of the book "The Birth of Surrogacy in Israel" by
D. Kelly Weisberg, Journal of Middle Eastern Women's Studies
- Teman, Elly. 2003. "Knowing the Surrogate Body in Israel", in: Rachel
Cookand Shelley Day Schlater (eds.), Surrogate Motherhood: International
Perspectives, London: Hart Press, pp. 261-280.
- Teman, Elly. 2003. "The Medicalization of 'Nature' in the Artificial Body:
Surrogate Motherhood in Israel", Medical Anthropology Quarterly 17
- Teman, Elly. 2001. "Technological Fragmentation and Women's Empowerment:
Surrogate Motherhood in Israel", Women's Studies Quarterly, 31
- Teman, Elly. 2008. "The Red String: A Cultural History of a Jewish
Folk Symbol," in: Bronner, Simon J. (ed.), Jewishness: Expression,
Identity, Representation, Inaugural volume in book series on Jewish
Cultural Studies, Oxford: Littman Library of Jewish
- Ivry, Tsipy and Teman, Elly. 2008. "Expectant Israeli Fathers and the Medicalized
Pregnancy: Power, Pragmatism and Resistance." Culture, Medicine and
- A Shoshana, Teman, Elly. 2006. "Coming out of the Coffin: the 'Life-Self' and
the 'Death-Self' in HBO's Six Feet Under", Symbolic Interaction 29
Copyright © Elly Teman 2010-2015